The Camp Clark Bridge was HUGE, measuring 2,000 feet in length and having 61 wooden trusses. Clarke charged a toll of $2, (for a single vehicle with a man and two animals), to $6, (for a freighter wagon pulled by a five-yoke team of oxen), to cross the bridge. Business was booming to the point that Camp Clarke featured a hotel, store, saloon, and post office. But by 1880, traffic began to decline. The bridge remained in local use until the early 1900s.